Human Resource Management, Certificate - HRM6
The Human Resource Management certificate prepares students to pursue entry-level HR generalist positions. Students learn the basic types of management and supervisory skills. They also learn the employment laws that affect the workplace, as well as the main human resource functions that all HR professionals perform in business and industry.
|Courses||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|Required Course Information|
|BUS 121||Business Law I||3|
|MGT 101||Principles of Management||3|
|MGT 150||Fundamentals of Supervision||3|
|MGT 201||Human Resource Management||3|
Application and Advising
If you are ready to start your education, there are a few simple steps involved in enrolling at Piedmont Technical College.
The following information provides a guide for advisors who are helping students enroll in this program.
This program can be started any semester.
RDG 100 or appropriate placement test score is a prerequisite for all ACC, AOT, BUS, CPT, CWE, IST, and MGT courses. No English or math classes are required for this program. However, students should have test scores indicating readiness for ENG 101 and MAT 120. Advise for developmental or transitional courses if needed.
Notes About Individual Classes
Most classes required for this program are offered during days, evenings, and online.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Human Resources Management Certificate prepares students to pursue entry-level HR generalist positions. Students learn the basic types of management and supervisory skills. They also learn the employment laws that affect the workplace, as well as the main human resource functions that all HR professionals perform in business and industry.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various management theories and apply these appropriately
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic laws in the legal framework of business operations
- Define and identify the responsibilities of human resource departments
- Identify the legal and ethical consultations involved in hiring and training personnel.
- Identify the skills, experiences, and training needed to supervise, work with, and motivate employees