Masonry - (Quickskills) Certificate - MSY6
The Masonry certificate prepares students for a specialty area in Building Construction Technology. Students who complete the certificate are eligible to continue into the Building Construction Technology program.
|Courses||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|Required Course Information|
|BCT 105||Tool Usage and Safety||2|
|BCT 113||Fundamentals of Construction Prints||4|
|MSY 101||Masonry Fundamentals||5|
Application and Advising
If you are ready to start your education, there are a few simple steps involved in enrolling at Piedmont Technical College.
Program Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Masonry Certificate is to promote the trade of masonry skills through technical instruction and practical "hands-on" experience for the necessary skill development for employment in the field of construction.
Student Program Learning Outcomes
- Perform the basic manipulative skills involved in carpentry for residential construction.
- Perform the basic manipulative skills in masonry for residential construction.
- Perform the basic manipulative skills in residential wiring for residential construction.
- Make application and use the underlying theories, technical information and related occupational information to assure sound judgments, decisions, and proper procedures involved in the residential building construction trades of construction trades of carpentry, masonry, and electrical.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret blueprints and technical materials necessary to construct a residential building.