Pathway User Guide
PTC Pathway is your gateway to online college services. A fully accessible Intranet, Pathway allows you to access a number of college services and information. The following guide provides what you need to start navigating the system.
How do I log into PTC Pathway?
What is my PTC ID? Why do I need it?
You should have received a PTC ID via letter from Admissions and when you met with your New Student Advisor. The letter P followed by eight numerical digits, your PTC ID replaces your social security number for all PTC services.
Your PTC ID will also be used in the Campus Shop and Library.
Memorize your PTC ID. Don’t forget it; write it down!
If you don’t know your PTC ID, you can look it up online:
- Go to pathway.ptc.edu
- Click on Forgot your username?
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
What is my Password? How do I get it?
Your password is a combination of symbols, letters and numbers. For first-time users, this password is:
- The first and second letters of your last name (lowercase)
- A period
- Your birthdate formatted as MMDDYY
Example: John Smith was born October 5, 1980.
His password is sm.100580.
If you forget or need to reset your password, you must:
- Click on Student password reset on the
Pathway login screen.
— or —
- Call the Help Desk at (864) 941-8627 to have it reset.
— or —
- From the Pathway login screen, click on Tech Support & Maintenance at the bottom of the page.
- Submit a ticket to have your password reset.
How do I change my Password?
From the Home tab:
- Click Change my password in the Personal Information area.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Change password. Remember this password!
How do I navigate PTC Pathway?
After logging in, you’ll find that getting around PTC Pathway is a snap!
- The Home page contains important announcements and quick access to email and Brightspace (D2L).
- The Student page links you to DegreeWorks, registration resources, advising information, career resources, student records, academic resources, my grades, bookstore, library resources, my classes and student life.
- The Tuition and Aid page links you to financial aid requirements, financial aid awards, financial aid dates, credit/debit card payment information and the business office.
How do I print my schedule?
Return to the Student page:
- Class Schedule and Account Summary.
- Select the term and click Run Report.
- This brings up your schedule/account summary that can be used to purchase books at the bookstore.
- Click File and Print in your browser window.
How do I check my Financial Aid Status?
From the Tuition and Aid page, you can check financial aid requirements and Financial Aid Awards. To check these items, choose an award year and click GO.
How do I check my Tuition Balance?
From the Tuition and Aid page, select Account Statement and Schedule in the Business Office box.
How do I access my Brightspace (D2L) courses?
From the Home page:
- Click the Brightspace (D2L) image on the right side of the screen.
- Brightspace (D2L) opens in a new window taking you to your
Brightspace (D2L) homepage.
How do I check my grades?
Once posted each semester, you may view your grades on Pathway.
From the Student page:
- Select the term you want to view in the Grades box.
Check the academic calendar to determine when grades will be posted each semester.
All faculty maintain a numerical gradebook in the college’s Brightspace (D2L) learning management system. Students should check the Grades tool in their Brightspace (D2L) course for their most current numerical grade.
How do I access my email?
Before you access your email, you must set up your email account.
To do this, you must:
- Log into PTC Pathway. From the Home page, click on the Student Email image on the right side of the screen to access your email.
- Storage space is limited; check your email frequently and delete unwanted messages.
What is my email address?
Your email address will be your PTC ID number followed by “@live.ptc.edu. For example: P00055555@live.ptc.edu.
How do I view my unofficial transcript?
View your unofficial transcript in PTC Pathway. From the Student page:
- Click View Unofficial Transcript under the Student Records area.
- Click Submit.
- Your unofficial transcript will be displayed.
For an official copy of your transcript, click on Order Official Transcript in the Student Records area on the Student page. You will be redirected to the Parchment transcript ordering website.
How do I find out what courses I need to complete my major?
You are able to complete a Degree Evaluation in DegreeWorks via your PTC Pathway account. From the Student page:
- In the Advising Information box, click on DegreeWorks.
- This opens your degree evaluation worksheet.
- Scroll down to see the requirements for your program, including courses you have completed and those that you still need to complete for your major.
- To view another major, click on What If to the left of the worksheet.
- Select the new major with the drop-down menu.
- Click Process What If.
For additional information on how to use DegreeWorks, please contact your academic advisor.