Change of Schedule and Student Information

Adding and Dropping a Class

Adding and dropping classes must be completed via Pathway or on the Change of Class Schedule Form prior to the end of the published add/drop period (see academic calendar). The form can be obtained from the Student Records Office, any county campus or from the college website at Courses dropped during this period do not appear on the student’s transcript. (It is recommended that students consult their Academic Advisors before changing their schedules).

Change of status will affect financial aid eligibility. Contact the Financial Aid Office to determine earned aid and future eligibility.

Questions concerning refunding should be directed to the Business Office.

Withdrawing from a Class

Withdrawing from a class after the add/drop period is completed by the student via Pathway. To withdraw from all classes and the last class, the student must meet with an advisor and financial aid counselor, to discuss possible consequences of withdrawing and complete the semester withdrawal form. Withdrawals must be completed by the student no later than the Last Day to Withdraw deadline published in the calendar in Pathway. After the Last Date to Withdraw, instructors have the option to award an “I” or the letter grade earned in the class.

Student Information Changes

Students are responsible for maintaining accurate information for the college’s database system. Students may make updates or corrections to their information by completing the Student Information Change form available on the Student page in Pathway. Appropriate documentation such as a driver’s license, marriage certificate or social security card must be presented for changes to be made.

Curriculum Changes

If a student wishes to change his/her academic program of study, a Change of Major Form must be completed, signed by the student’s advisor and submitted to the Student Records Office. It is recommended that students consult with the academic advisor for the major they want to change to in order to review program requirements, degree pathway and career options. When a student changes his/her curriculum, the student must satisfy the catalog requirements in effect at the date of the curriculum change. Requests for curriculum change after the add/drop period for the current term will be effective the following term. Students who were accepted into the college into a program that did not require documentation of high school graduation or equivalent will need to produce such documentation in order to change into a major that would have required it for admission (i.e. associate degrees, diplomas or financial aid-eligible certificates).

Program of Study (Major) Restrictions

Registration is limited to courses that are listed as part of the program outline for a student’s declared major. Program outlines for each major can be found in the Academic Programs section of this catalog. Students may also use DegreeWorks to assist in identifying courses for which they may register.

If a student wishes to register for a course outside his/her declared major, permission must be obtained from the Academic Advisor. These courses will not count in the credit hour calculation for Federal Title IV financial aid. Students should consult with the Financial Aid Office before deciding to register for a course outside the declared major.

Student Loading

No student may carry more than 18 credit hours per semester. Any exception to this policy requires approval of the appropriate Academic Advisor. The maximum that any student may take is 21 credit hours. Any exception to this maximum must be approved by the appropriate Academic Dean and the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Chief Academic Officer.